Friday, July 17, 2009

Meal Plan

I am posting in arrears this week. This past week, I've tried to think of as many easy meals as possible. We've been busy with lots of summer activities and I needed to be able to throw dinner together when we get home late. It's not anything gourmet, but we were fed, nonetheless.

Chicken fajitas and guacamole with chips
BBQ pork tenderloin, mac n cheese and Trader Joe's frozen vegetables
Leftovers
Teriyaki chicken stir fry with rice
Friday night hamburgers, frozen french fries (baked in the oven) and salad

None of these really require a recipe. For the fajitas, I used frozen fajita chicken. I put the pork tenderloin in the crockpot with 1/3 cup of water and let it cook while we went swimming. The mac and cheese and frozen vegetables took less than ten minutes to make. So, I would consider it a 30-minute meal. I cut up the chicken for the teriyaki chicken and let it marinate for several hours. Then when I got home, I just cooked the chicken, threw in some frozen stir-fry vegetable and more teriyaki sauce and heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment